We have always wondered how big is the Indian ISP market. To quench our thirst, we filtered through various reports from DoT, Quarterly Results of Telecom companies and TRAI and have compiled the data set. [We were unable to obtain Revenue figures for ISPs like YouTelecom, Hathway, Zee etc] Let us know if you can find the same.
Here are the top Internet Service Providers of India based on their gross revenues. [The ones excluded are certainly not amongst the top-5, we can tell that based on the subscriber numbers] for Q2-FY09 [June-Sept]
- Reliance Broadband – Rs 602 cr [includes enterprise + residential]
- BSNL – Rs 360 cr
- Bharti Airtel Broadband – V-Sat Rs 2.46 cr + Rs 314 cr = Rs 315 cr [Not sure if it includes enterprise market as the company reports separate results for enterprise]
- Tata Communications – Rs 158 cr
- MTNL – Rs 115.03 cr
- Sify – Rs 36 cr
- Dishnet Wireless Ltd – Aircel – Rs 8.59 cr
- HCL Infinet – Rs 3.19 cr
- Rail-Tel – RailWire broadband Rs 1.29 cr
Together, the above ISPs reported Gross Revenues of Rs 1,598 cr [ $347 mn @ Rs 46 / USD] If we include Government, Corporates, Data Centers then Indian ISP market has ~ revenues of USD 500 mn a quarter and growing.