We would like to show you how the Big Telecom Tariff war in the Indian Wireless Industry shaped between 2008 and 2011 when the rates fell drastically as a matter of intense competition and they made a small rise later.
- Reliance CDMA launched all local calls at Rs 1 / Minute in Jan-2008
- Reliance GSM Mobile launched with STD Tariffs at Rs 1 / Minute Dec-2008 in line with OneIndia Plan of BSNL launched in 2007
- Tata DoCoMo launches the most innovative mobile tariff plan in the World – 1 Paise / Second Billing – Jan-2009
- Reliance Introduces Flat Rate Calling of 50 Paise / Minute to Any Phone Across India. BSNL Follows.
- Uninor Cuts into Tata DoCoMo and launches 39 Paise / Minute Calling Plan – Dec-09
- Videocon launches STD at 25 Paise / Minute
- All Operators now have 1 Paise / Second Billing in 2010
- July-2011 – Airtel makes a bold move, increases Tariffs to 1.2 Paise / Second i.e 20% Hike, other operators follow
The Following Chart Pictorially depicts the Indian Telecom Tariff War