Here is what the Bharti Airtel Management Told us in Analyst Call,
- Bharti’s long-term position for revenue growth remains strong and has 122 mn customers, as on December 31, 2009, across India
- TRAI recommendations on 2G spectrum allocation and M&A regulations are likely to come out in the next few weeks.
- The sector is currently witnessing peak competitive intensity; industry growth to be more secular in 2HCY10 once the new rollouts are over.
- The real customer addition (excluding multiple SIM subscribers) on a monthly basis is only ~10m vs reported additions of 17-19m.
- Actual wireless penetration in India is only 80% of the reported penetration of 43-44%.
- Sector is likely to witness major regulatory developments over the next few months.
- Migration of subscribers to the new tariff schemes will be over by 4QFY10.