The Government paved the way for deployment of Mobile broadband over 3G and WiMax or LTE. It is now for the operators to build a healthy eco-system and offer Wireless Internet services. Here is what Industry Analysts expects on the Application of Wireless Broadband in India – Using Mobile / Hand-held Devices / Laptops etc.
- Mobile banking transactions are expected to be over 340 million in the year 2015 resulting in cost savings of approximately Rs. 11 billion
- Using Unique ID, a customer who has a mobile phone will be able to open a mobile linked no-frills account.
- Digital music sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 24 percent between 2009 and 2013 to reach Rs. 3 billion in 2013.
- Online advertising in India is expected to grow with CAGR of 32 percent between 2009 and 2013 to touch Rs 20 billion in 2013.
- With the advent of mobile broadband services distribution platforms such as downloads, streaming and music subscriptions will proliferate. Mobile gaming is projected to grow from a size of Rs. 2.5 billion in 2008 to an estimated Rs. 12 billion by 2013; translating into a CAGR of 36 percent between 2009 and 2013.
- Mobile broadband would also play a role in integrating rural India with other parts of the country and help widen markets, create better
information flows, lower transaction costs. Through effective utilization of various mobile broadband based services, farmers are likely to save approximately Rs. 6 billion in 2015.
- Approximately 50 to 60 percent of government services in India can be delivered through mobile channels.
- Rollout of 3G will lead to additional revenue of approximately Rs. 90 billion over the period of 2010-2015 for the IT and BPO industry.
Any other Thoughts ? What Say ?