The top 6 Mobile Service providers in India(GSM & CDMA) depending on the number of subscribers at the end of Sept-30-2006.
1. Bharti Airtel limited – 26,267,593
2. BSNL – 20,536,253 (Excludes MTNL numbers for Mumbai and Delhi)
3. Reliance Communications Ltd – 2,708,881(GSM) + CDMA individual breakup is not given and Reliance is intentionally confusing people by combining the figures of Fixed Wireless Phone with CDMA Mobile. BEWARE of Reliance Communications Ltd.
4. Hutch – 13,700,199
5. Idea Cellular – 11,552,620
6. Tata TeleServices , Indicom – 8,435,405
Total Number of GSM Subscribers in India are – 91,013,599
Total number of CDMA subscribers in India are – 31,547,917 (This includes, only Reliance Communications’ fixed wireless phone subscriber numbers as well)