TRAI, which is doing a good job but with little bit of inertness has published the Internet and Broadband subscriber numbers. At the end of June-2008, India had 11,160,000 million Dial-Up Internet subscribers and 4.38 million Broadband subscribers. The Top 10 Broadband service providers in India are as follows.
- BSNL – 2.32 mn subscribers and 53.15% market share
- MTNL – 0.59 mn subscribers and 13.56% market share. MTNL operates only in the lucrative circles of Delhi NCR and Mumbai
- Bharti Airtel – 0.58 mn subscribers with 13.25% market share
- Hathway Cable – 204K subscribers
- Tata Communications – pathetic 193K subscribers [Tata Indicom + Tata WiMax]
- You Telecom – 146K subscribers
- Reliance Communications – 85K subs
- Sify Broadband – 64K subs
- Asianet Communications – 43K subs
- HFCL Infotel – 19K
The Government of India appears to be serious about broadband services now and is hosting a two day conference at Delhi on the 15th and 16th of this month. If you are a stakeholder, you might want to attend the same.
1 thought on “Top 10 Internet Service Providers”
Can you guys please update the above listing of the ISP with the subscribers.
Comments are closed.