If you are a Google AdWords customer, then their is a reason to smile :-). Google under increasing pressure from Advertisers, who shell out their money has introduced a new feature – “Placement Performance Report“. What is Placement Performance Report ?
- This will let you as an advertiser view where your Ads appear and how they perform on different websites
- This will give greater control for you as an Advertiser to filter out sites where you don’t want your ads to appear.
- Provide site-by-site performance metrics – including domain, URL, impression, click, conversion and cost data – as well as aggregated metrics for traffic generated from AdSense for domain sites
- This has also solved another problem – AdSense Arbitrage Publishers. For Example, consider this worthless website which was surviving on AdSense Arbitrage. As a AdSense Publisher I had banned their Ads on my Website. Now as an AdWords Publisher you can filter this website from displaying your Ad. This effectively means an end to AdSense Arbitrage Brokers.
- Placement Performance Report will offer Advertisers greater control and transparency which means more effective Online Advertising Campaign.
NOTE: This will put to end Spam Page Websites. Also smaller original publishers maybe under threat if AdWords publishers don’t want their Ads to appear on those websites.