We are presenting to you the latest number of Telecom subscribers [Mobile + LandLine + WLL ] in India, in this post. All figures are for Month Ending Sept-2008.
We have already reported individual statistics – GSM Operators had a mobile subscriber base of 233.67 mn. CDMA operators have a net subscriber base of 81.63 mn.
The following Data suggests India’s Largest Integrated Telecom Companies based on Compbined subscriber base [ Wireless + Wireline]
- Bharti Airtel 79.9 mn subscribers
- BSNL 73.9 mn
- Reliance Communications 57.06 mn
- Vodafone India 54.62 mn [All Wireless]
- Idea Cellular – 30.38 mn
- Tata Teleservices / Indicom – 24.0 mn
- Aircel – 13.8 mn
- MTNL – 7.5 mn
- Tata Tele Services Maharashtra – 6.1 mn
- Spice Telecom – 3.6 mn
- BPL 1.6 mn
- HFCL 0.5 mn
- Shyam 0.27 mn
All India Telecom Subscriber base stands at 353.6 mn.
Data on Wireline / Landline Subscribers by Various Service Providers in India:
- BSNL 30.12 mn
- MTNL 3.5 mn
- Bharti Airtel 2.5 mn
- Reliance communications 1.02 mn